Best of 2016 Products!
I wanted to start off the year with this quick post about my best of 2016 products. These are produces that I truly can’t live without.
I don’t think a lot of them are new launches, they are products that I continue to fall in love with and I continuously use them because they are my 100% trusted products.
Let’s start with Complexion:
- De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray by Urban Decay is definitely a trusted product that I LOVE using whenever I want my makeup to last for 12 hours.
- The Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation in Shade 6 is my ride to die foundation; it lasts forever and it is FULL coverage. Not a drying formula, unless your skin is extremely dry and flaky (would not recommend it for you). But other than that, it is an amazing full coverage foundation without it being cakey.
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Diffused Light – love this fine powder to set my under eye area. Whether if it is for everyday or for glam. Trust me, you can NOT hit pan on this product. I can use it to set my face with it as well.
- Beauty Blender Pro in Black has become my favourite way to blend my under eye concealer. I like the black colour because it is pro and it does not get stained after you clean it.
- Mac Studio Powder in Shade NC35 has been my favourite powder to set my makeup since High School. I left it in the beginning of the year to go to different powders but I just recently re-bought it and remember how good it was! It can be used as powder foundation if you have flawless skin!
- Tartellete Original Palette by Tarte Cosmetics is my absolute favourite go to palette, you can use it on its own or you can mix it with any other palette because it has such AMAZING basics. You can totally see that I have used the lighter shades for my base and transitions more so than the darker colors.
Blush, Bronzer, and Highlighter
- Hoola Bronzer by Benefit Cosmetics and Golden Light Bronzer by Bobbi Brown are my ABSOLUTE favourite bronzers to contour with! They give you the perfect contour and natural shade. You can definitely use the Golden Light Bronzer to bronze your face as well, if you are looking for 2 products in 1.
- Peaches Blush by Mac is my GO-TO blush. It compliments every look and most importantly compliments my skin tone. Absolutely in love this, I am not a big blush person but I definitely lean more towards the peachy blushes.
- Laura Mercier Highlight 01 is the most natural highlighter you can ever put your hands on, yet, it still does highlight.
- Myth Lipstick by Mac and Pillow Talk Lip Cheat by Charlotte Tilbury have been my favourite lip combination. I am definitely more into lighter and peachy nudes and that combination gives me the perfect shade that compliments my complexion and keeps my look flawless. Pillow Talk is a new product for me but Myth lipstick is probably my 4 tube.
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush is the best and most adorable brush you can find on the market! I LOVE This brush for foundation and blending your concealer underneath your eyes. It does such an amazing job, it is so fine, it does not leave streaks. I sometimes reach for this brush to do my foundation and concealer over all my other brushes. I only have one and I am looking to buy a second for my concealer, in case I am in a rush and I am not gravitating towards my Beauty Blender. The best part is that it is ONLY $11.54
- Cinema Secrets Brush Cleanser is the best brush cleanser on the market because you do not need water to deep clean your brushes. Available online at Sephora.
That concludes my favourites of 2016! What were your favourites? Please share them with me; maybe I will discover something new. Also, let me know what you think of all the products above.
Spread Some Beauty.